was successfully added to your cart.

Monthly Archives: September 2012

While exporting a big video file

By | Film related | No Comments

I’ve been quite busy on this project…editing several hours of video.  With many a skecth of lighting and eyelinesurprising stumbling block.  I thought I had it all under control and hit a new stumbling block today:  A big section of an otherwise good video was just an orange field.  For some reason that section didn’t do like everything around it did.  I did work out a way to get what I needed…a workaround.  I still don’t know what the problem was.  I took some time this week to do videography at a wedding. My first wedding video, actually.  I’m looking forward to editing it.  I know I got a lot of great material.  Today at Filmsters, I watched part of a documentary with Patti White and Lee Anderson.  Lee took the time to talk to me a bit about setting up a subject for an interview and made me a little sketch.  It’s wonderful how much more meaningful it is to have an actual person show you something, rather than to read it in a book.

Working from the boat

By | Film related | No Comments

ImageWorking on video while on the boat is a little bit tough… especially with all that teak wood out there that needs sanding and that beautiful fall weather.  Still, I am keeping my nose to the grindstone just a bit longer at least. I managed to solve the last round of obstacles, or at least find a good work-around.  Now I thinking about what sort of editing program to install on the MFA’s newish Macs.  Since I’m using Premiere Pro CS5, that seems like a reasonable choice; but it might be a good time for me to think about upgrading to CS6.  There is a lot to  take into account here and I need to do a bit more research.  I’m open to suggestions, however.  Reviews of CS6 seem pretty good.  There is always the expense to take into account.

First Day at Filmsters

By | Film related | No Comments


I spent about three hours today working at Filmsters. With my laptop set up at the big table, I started sorting through my collection of video files. I discovered that my editing program was freezing and crashing, though it they had run fine on my desktop PC at home. Lee Anderson came to my rescue and we had a fruitful discussion about how programs can get bloated with multiple versions of the rendered files. I was given an avenue to explore and so far it looks like things are looking up. I really would never have thought of the rendered files being the problem. Once Lee made the suggestion I went to Google and found a wealth of discussion about various approaches to dealing with the problem. Good, but not surprising that I’m not the first.